- 茶樹品種：在茶的家族當中，分成 C. Sinensis. （小葉種） 與 C. Assamica. （大葉種）小葉種通常咖啡因含量較低（2~3%），大葉種則較高（>4%）。
根據婦產科醫學會建議，懷孕期間每日咖啡因攝取量應小於 200～300 毫克。
Can not sleep very well? This article takes you to fully understand the caffeine in tea
Does caffeine really make you sleepless? How much caffeine content in oolong tea, black tea, and green tea?
Because of differences personal physique, they have different sensitivity to caffeine
Tea can cause insomnia, such as:
- Catechin and caffeine affect the metabolism of the stomach together, making people feel
- Caffeine accelerates metabolism, lowers blood sugar, and makes people feel hungry.
All of the above will cause insomnia, but what's more special is that some people can't sleep with
tea, but they're fine with coffee.
What is caffeine? Oolong tea has higher caffeine than coffee?
Caffeine is an alkaloid mainly found in tea, coffee and chocolate, most of which are derivatives of amino acids.
The taste of caffeine is the bitterness in tea. Substances similar in structure to caffeine include theophylline and theobromine.
However, the content of caffeine in tea is 2~4%, and the content in coffee beans is 1~2%. Since the proportion of caffeine in tea is higher than coffee, why not name it "theaine" but "caffeine"?
This is because this chemical was found in coffee beans (1821) earlier than tea (1827), so it was named after coffee.
Caffeine for animals and plants
When humans take caffeine, it is a central nervous stimulant, which makes people excited and refreshed.
Caffeine is an insecticide. When insects take too much caffeine, they will die from paralysis.
Because of this, caffeine is generally present in the young buds at a higher content to achieve the effect of protecting the young buds.
Therefore, when the tea is picked tender, its caffeine content will be higher, and it will taste more bitter after brewing, compared to the more mature or older tea picked.
What is the caffeine and theophylline?
Theophylline is a derivative of caffeine with a content of 0.002%, which is similar to caffeine. It is often said that theophylline will dissolve too much if the tea is brewed for too long. It sounds terrible, but in fact it is because the caffeine dissolves too much.
In order to avoid the bitterness of the tender tea after brewing, can used the following solutions:
- Shorten the brewing time
- Put a little less tea
- Brew in low-temperature water or cold brew, such as Yulu 60 degrees, green tea 85 degrees. (Caffeine has low solubility at low temperatures)
Does oolong tea contain caffeine?
Affect the caffeine content in tea including the following 3 kinds:
- Tenderness of tea leaves: the more tender, the higher the caffeine.
- Production process: including green tea, oolong tea, black tea, and teas produced due to different fermentation (oxidation). The roasting process will reduce the caffeine content, and the high temperature will cause the caffeine to sublime from the tea and reduce the content. Due to the high degree of roasting, the caffeine content is low.
- Tea Variety: In the tea family, they are divided into C. Sinensis. (small-leaf) and C. Assamica. (large-leaf). Small-leaf usually have low caffeine content (2~3%), and large-leaf have a higher caffeine content ( >4%).
Is oolong tea low in caffeine? Comparison of Caffeine Concentrations of 4 Types of Tea
The following is a comparison table of the caffeine concentration of different tea types, 5 is the most caffeine, and 1 is the least caffeine.
|Green tea||Fresh Oolong tea||Roased Oolong tea||Black tea|
Tea Caffeine Questions
- Would it be better if the tea had no caffeine?
Tea and caffeine are like wine and alcohol, like tea without caffeine, it lacks the taste of tea.
- What is the effect of drinking too much caffeine?
Drinking coffee can cause acid reflux, and sometimes tea can also. This is because caffeine can secrete gastric acid and cause discomfort. How can it be solved? You can choose a tea with a lower caffeine content. like:
- Roasted tea.
- Tea with enough mature leaves.
- Small leaf tea.
- Drink tea after eating.
- Tea or coffee Which caffeine is higher. Can pregnant women drink tea?
The caffeine content in a cup of 240ml coffee is about 130-140mg, and a cup of 240ml tea is about 15-50mg.
According to the recommendations of the Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the daily caffeine intake during pregnancy should be less than 200-300 mg.
In order to consume 4-15 cups of tea a day, the caffeine content depends on the type of tea and the production method.
Caffeine terms and interesting facts:
"Kaigumao" is a term often heard in roasted tea, which refers to the crystallization of caffeine formed on the surface of tea leaves under long-term or high-temperature roasting. These crystals will also adhere to the surface and ceiling of the machine, which looks like snow.
Although roasting will reduce the caffeine, some studies have found that under certain roasting conditions, the caffeine content will increase. This is because a certain part of the caffeine in tea will form "caffeine-tea polyphenols" with tea polyphenols. The compound is broken down after roasting, resulting in an increase in caffeine content.